Wednesday, December 3, 2008

10/03/08 Randy Pausch

Oh my goodness, what a phenomenal video! When I saw that the lecture was an hour long and I am on a blog a thon to complete my blog in time I thought oh I'll just skim through the lecture, but that was not an option. I was captivated by his lecture.

Randy teaches throughout his lecture not to give up on your dreams. When you are working on your dream and hit a brick wall it is there to help you decide or motivate you to determine how bad you want something. It is during these brick wall moments when you should self reflect and make sure you are moving on the right path.

I especially liked a quote he used, "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." This is so true and I hope that everyone can appreciate that sometimes in life it is not where you got to, but the things you learned on the journey to that point.

I also liked the idea of his project based classes with no set curriculum and high expectations. If this was not the case in the building virtual world class the students would have only achieved to the potential that he set for them. By having no set limits his students soared beyond his wildest imagination.

0 comments: