Wednesday, December 3, 2008

EDM 310 with Dr. Strange

What have I learned in this class....gosh there are so many things.

  • Blogs, Blogs, and more Blogs
  • Itunes and what all it has to offer besides music
  • Podcasts, what a great tool
  • Some of the many features and tools of Google

There really is more, but that highlights the important ones. I had never used blogger before this class, but I really, really enjoyed getting to use it. In fact I plan to use blogger instead of trying to keep up with Myspace and Facebook and Shoutlife and just put a link in each of those to tell people to visit my blog and that way I only have to update one place.

I have used iTunes for music, audio books, and to download my church's video podcast, Bay Community, when I miss church, but I had no idea what all iTunes had to offer and what a great educational tool it is. I definitely plan on using this resource in my future class!

Google....my goodness I had no idea it had so many features. I had a Gmail account before this class, but I had no idea that it was capable of so much and how this could benefit and be used in a classroom setting. And it's all FREE!!!! :)

I really thought of myself as pretty computer savvy before entering this classroom, but I was proved wrong. I plan on using the skills taught in this class to better "school" myself on technology and apply it to my everyday life and classroom.

0 comments: