Wednesday, December 3, 2008

10/10/08 Listening to Podcasts

After listening to the six assigned podcasts I learned that podcasts should be relaxed and informative. It should also keep the listeners attention. Some of the podcasts sounded like a individual giving a lecture and others sounded like a radio talk show.

Regardless of the way the podcasts is presented it should do several things:

  • be clear
  • only one person talking at a time, when you try to talk over each other it sounds confusing
  • do research before doing podcasts so you know what to talk about
  • keep the listener interested
  • refrain from saying um and having long pauses in speaking
  • organize your thoughts

I learned from listening to these podcasts that when doing a podcasts the talkers should be relaxed. You can definitely hear if the talker is nervous or unprepared; at the same time you can hear in the talker when the talker is well prepared and knowledgeable of the topic.

Podcasts can and do take the classroom learning environment to a whole new level. I had no idea what all was available on iTunes. The only thing I really paid any attention to was music, audio books, and my church's podcasts when I missed church. I definitely need to be schooled in iTunes!!!!

1 comments:

John Hadley Strange said...

VERY GOOD LIST OF SUGGESTIONS. THANKS.