Wednesday, December 3, 2008

11/14/08 EDM 310 Podcasts

I listened to the following four podcasts:

  • Useful Websites by Shyane, Erica, and Ashley
  • Using You Tube for Educational Purposes by Joel and Noelle
  • Blogging and Education by Silas, Andre, and Lashonda
  • Technology in the USA COE by Sara and me
The first thing that I noticed in some of the podcasts is that the participants sounded really nervous and they are, I was, but you can not let this come across over the podcasts for the listener. I noticed that several of the individuals in the podcasts actually read their information. I would suggest that in the future if you are going to do a podcasts if you have to read your presentation just put bullet points and read the information before the podcasts and refer to your points so that you can have a conversation rather than reading.

I also noticed that in one blog in particular it seemed that the discussion was not equally distributed. In the podcasts two of the people read facts about the topic and then left it to the third person to talk and discuss the topic. This made the podcasts very uneven. The reading of the factual information while important did not need to be read and then followed by a talker that is just talking off the top of his head in the discussion with a lot of enthusiasm.

Also at the end of one of the podcasts the participants began talking while the facilitator was closing the podcasts which is not professional. It is important to act like a professional when on the air, especially when discussing topics that are dealing with your future profession, a teacher.

While I do not think that we had a perfect podcasts, I believe that Sara and I had a good podcasts because we did not print out a lot if information and memorize it; we had a discussion of points and how they were real and a part of our everyday life. All we had to reference was the order of topics that we were discussing.

0 comments: