Wednesday, December 3, 2008

10/24/08 WGBH

I watched two videos from grades K-5 section. I watched Observing Clouds and Solar Eclipses.

Observing Clouds was a short video about observing the movement of the clouds and the shape of clouds. In the video it had video of clouds moving and pointed out one particular cloud mass disipating as it crossed the screen.

Solar Eclipses explained that a solar eclipses are when the moon's shadow is on the Earth because the moon is blocking the sun. The eclipse or shadow is only visible on a small portion of the Earth. It has diagrams and pictures showing how this process works.

I can use podcasts of this nature in my classroom to show to students as an extra reinforcer to lessons that I am covering. I can also use them as aides to give me ideas to use in my preparation of teaching a lesson for my class.

In my future classroom I can get my student to watch podcasts of this nature at home to re-emphasize the material covered in class or offer it as a suggestion to give my students another point of view or learning tool that may help them better. Students can alsouse this to show their parents what they learning about in class.

0 comments: