Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Classmates's Blog

I chose to read Ashley Cleveland's blog. We have another class together and sit next to each other and I thought it would be neat to see what her perspective on things were. I think it is neat to read her thoughts and takes on the same things that I listened to and read. It is amazing how two people can read or watch the same thing and both take something different from it. I believe this is an important aspect of this class blog. We are learning things and then learning that someone else learned something different and then after reading their post we get to learn that information as well.

I think this assignment was great! I actually talked with my parents and was telling them that they needed to watch some of the podcasts that were a requirement for this assignment, especially the Randy Pausch podcasts, everyone should watch that! It is so motivating!

This blog is also a great communication tool for us now and in the future. All of us are at the same school, working on similar degrees and taking most of the same courses. We can make contact with other classmates in the future for resources for things like...did you take so and so for this class and were they hard, etc.!! :) Also we can use it to bounce ideas off of each other and learn from each other.

I do not think that I had a full appreciation for this blog assignment until this week, which is when I have actually done the majority of my blog posts, due to time constraints and putting it on the back burner, and being a regular procrastinator. DR. STRANGE....please do you future procrastinator students a favor and DO NOT tell them that you don't check the blogs until the end of the semester!!!! This assignment is so important and we learn so much from it and it is really done an injustice when it is not done in a steady progression of assignments. I learned so much from this assignment and the whole time I was doing it I kept wishing I wasn't rushed and could explore more!

0 comments: